Saturday, March 13, 2004

WE HAVE ISSUES
Today my dog Irene and I went to our first good citizen class. As you already know, I'm not a morning person and though I get up early on the weekends I'm usually parked right here in my boxers til 10 or 11am.
Irene is most definitely my dog...there are no issues clouding that. And I am her human.
We are tight, and there in, I think is part of the problem.
So, here we are at 9am, we have to function, we have to interact...joy.
She is dog aggressive...meaning she would like to kick ass if given the opportunity. But what is the motivation? Is she merely protecting me,or am I giving her non-verbal cues to expect and therefore display aggression?
Ah, the mystery unfolds. My tension on the leash, apparently telegraphs impending hostility. Wow, who'd a thunk it? There were fleeting smoky references to other things I could do differently to be dealt with at another time.
Irene couldn't wait to get in the truck and bail. I, on the other hand wanted to work some more but I couldn't deny the relief of driving away... until next time.
This is a new and different challenge to learn for both of us.
I can dig that.

No comments:

Post a Comment