Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Just checking in
Here's a quote from an email I just sent a friend who was wondering why they hadn't heard from me...

"As for my day, well let's just say that it's the first time that I can ever remember having a shot of whiskey first thing after walking in the door from work."

Don't take this wrong folks, I still love my job. It's just that there's so much to do and I have a really hard time walking away when things are still left undone. I worked four hours more than I should have today and still left feeling like I'd barely scratched the surface. The shot of whiskey was a vain attempt to stop my brain from thinking about all the things I didn't have time to do and jump-start me into a "relaxing night at home". Obviously, it didn't work since here I am blogging about work. Argh. Oh well, it did help my sore throat and cough. Now I'm off to venture out in the backyard and take the clothes off the line so I have something to wear to work tomorrow. Hmmm... doing this in the dark after a shot of whiskey and a few beers might not be such a good idea. Maybe I'll just borrow a pair of Rob's jeans instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment