Wednesday, March 17, 2004

MURPHY'S LAW IN ACTION
Or the best laid plans...or... fucking shite.
Dogs had me up at 7 am. Waiting for the gas man to come round to turn on our gas that got turned off yesterday (long story). Gas man shows up and decides to replace the meter (the existing meter had been chugging along since 1970 ) after replacing it, we have a gas leak.... somewhere. So, I have to call a plumber in to pressure test and find the leak (how much do you want to bet it's at THE FUCKING NEW METER?).
So, no gas = no hot water = it's gonna get dusky around here and soon.
I didn't have to bother with the wimp out phone call to my buddy, he wimped on me.... seems he's stuck at the coast (poor guy) and won't be back until sunday night.
No matter, I have a gas leak to deal with before any of the PLANNED remodel takes place. Plus, I had to go see my doctor this morning, it seems that they have discovered a new way to soak you for money. I tried to refill/renew my scripts and was told I had to make an appointment to do this...what?
The good news: I am maintaining my weight despite my slacking on the exercise and my blood pressure is fine (a miracle considering the gas debacle this morning).
The bad news: it cost me 30.00 to get my scripts renewed...fuck you Humana insurance...really... hard... and no dinner first.
So, relieved of responsibility, I stopped cleaning the house (living room looks great) and went to lunch. At Maudies, I had to go there anyway, to drop off some eye ointment for one of my friends whose turtle has an eye infection. Mission accomplished.
Good lunch too.
Back to the house, a bit more cleaning and it's time for a cocktail. Maybe a nap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment