Saturday, March 06, 2004

Printer crisis solved
We've had an on-going printer crisis around here which came to a head last weekend when Rob wanted to burn a CD for someone. Now you may ask, what in the hell does burning a CD have to do with printers, but you see, Rob must put a nice printed label on the CD and make a jacket for it and that requires a printer. We have a printer, a big expensive color laser printer that cost as much as a very nice used car. This printer never gives me any trouble, but always tortures Rob with paper jams and weird error messages. For some reason it hates Rob and the feeling is mutual. Rob's attempt to print a CD label last weekend caused the printer to run out of yellow toner. This toner cartridge costs 300 bucks a pop and while I had the money, it wasn't something I could run out and buy on a Saturday. I pulled out our old inkjet which hadn't been used in years and years, but the nozzles were hopelessly clogged after all that time so Rob had to wait while I ordered a new toner cartridge on Monday. I picked it up yesterday and installed it. Rob attempted to print the CD jacket last night and this caused such a major paper jam that the fuser unit now has to be replaced. It was due for replacement anyway, but the part is on backorder and won't ship until "date to be determined". This printer obviously has it out for Rob so I decided to solve this once and for all and picked him up a cheap inkjet with a built in flat-bed scanner today. I figured I might as well kill two birds with one stone since our existing scanner also hates Rob, but I had no way of knowing for certain if this new piece of equipment would be capable of having a harmonious relationship with my husband. It appears to have worked out. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment