Monday, March 29, 2004

I GOT MAIL
From a guy that worked for me at Travis Treatment Center so many years ago. We've managed to stay in touch all these years and he reads the drivel posted here.
His email was in response to my 3-24-04 post wondering how I went from uber-counselor to pool guy.
He said some nice things about how I was as a supervisor and a caregiver to our clients.
It's nice to get props, especially from someone you respect. Thank you, my friend.
Now...let me tell you a story about this guy.
We were having group therapy one day and one of the subjects was soothing things. As you can imagine, favorite pets and examples of the soothing effect were shared by almost everyone in the group. Since this was a transitional center back to the community, staff were allowed to participate on a more personal level.
I'm sitting across from him and watching him take it all in, looking very thoughtful and serious.
Then, with a completely straight face, he busts out with this:
" You know,at the end of a stressful day I like to go home and pick up my Mr. Potato Head and just gaze into his eyes, it's very soothing".
Everyone lost it! Even the lead therapist was laughing out loud. Needless to say, group was over. He was gently admonished by the lead therapist to redirect his sense of humor to someplace other than group.
Ah...memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment