Sunday, March 07, 2004

OZZFEST... TO BE OR NOT TO BE?
Ozzfest winds it satanic way through these parts in august. It's at the Verizon center in San Antonio, about an hour down the road from here. The GM wants to go, he wants me to go with him. We should buy tickets now he says. It's March! Buy tickets now?
I want to go, but every fiber of my being says not to.
The last big outdoor festival I saw was a Smashing Pumpkins tour with Blind Melon and a bunch of other bands I don't remember. This is what I remember: By the time we got in the third band was playing, if you had to use the port-o-lets count on at least 45 minutes in line, Lots and lots of the thing I hate most in the world, teenagers. Someone managed to hit Billy Pumpkin with a shoe. Some guy asked me if I was in Viet Nam...(this happens a lot). It was less than memorable.
Ozzfest...2004. FOUR! Do I really need to see this? I've seen the principal bands many times, back when they were in their 20's and I was a teenager. I should leave the memories unmolested. But the possibility of seeing Ozzy come out in his traditional outfit driving a hospital walker with tennis balls on the front two legs is too much to resist.Watching the other 3 guys in Judas Priest pretend Rob Halford isn't gay or maybe Rob's between song banter about gay marriage... I can't pass that up. You wouldn't believe how that gay agenda hits it at a heavy metal event!
Wow...Superjoint Ritual's gonna be there! Who's Superjoint? Easy equation: Pantera = good band + singers heavy metal "super group" " Down " = mediocre band x massive substance abuse = overinflated ego - talent + alienating other band members = need a new band + people who buy into my shit = Superjoint ritual.
I could do without that.
Slipknot? I haven't seen slipknot since their spot in that halloween party episode of Scooby Doo.
Those masks are mighty scary!
The more I think about it, the better it sounds. Life becomes parody.

No comments:

Post a Comment