Saturday, March 06, 2004

112 CHICKEN WINGS ON A SATURDAY AFTERNOON
It was J-Rod's one year anniversary at our company so it was on.After we worked out the scheduling it was set. Today... noon... BW3.
J-Rod, me, the GM, the owner, one of the techs and one of the salesmen hooked up at the wing joint to throw down.
112 wings, several beers and some mini corndogs later it was time for a nap.
Our owner caught the tab... he's cool like that.
On my way in,this homeless guy hit me up for spare change, he was still hanging out at the same place when I left with a dozen more or less left over wings in a to go bag. The group had decided I should give them to the homeless guy, so I did. Our exchange went like this:
Homeless guy: "hey man, spare change"?
Me: "No, you asked me that earlier, I've got some wings here, want 'em"?
HG: "Hell yeah".
Me: "knock yourself out".
I mosied on down the street towards my car and my phone rang... I figured it was Ann but it was the GM, still at BW3 saying "dude,that homeless guy is totally chowing on those wings"! "I guess we did a good thing".
Yes, we did.
Happy one year J-Rod...here's to some more.

(Boring autobiographical rambling about me and weed resumes)

No comments:

Post a Comment