Tuesday, March 02, 2004

I learn something new every day and it's usually something completely useless
Last week I was standing in a parking lot when I observed one person handing another person a bowl of what they called "pot butter". Since I didn't have a computer handy to look it up on the internet, I filed it away under the "What the fuck is that?" category and forgot about it until it bobbed back up to conscious thought this evening while I was drinking beer and having a conversation with Rob. Rob is considerably more worldly and informed than I am so I asked him what it was. Now I not only know what it is, but I also know how to make it. This information is about as useful as someone explaining what sugar cookies are when you don't like sweets and have no sugar, butter and flour in the house. Yet, there it is, occupying valuable space on my mind's hard drive which could be better used for things like remembering when the electric bill is due. Ah well, I suppose if my electricity got cut off, how to make pot butter could be handy thing to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment