Saturday, March 13, 2004

He said it for me
Billy writes:
each night I have returned home very tired, I've tried to blog, I've tried to catch up on your blogs but I've been exhausted...last night I was in bed at 7.45pm...each night I have slept but not rested...my mind has been full of ideas, worries, fears...

That accurately describes my own experience with the new job. It's not the physical job duties that wear me out, but I've found that the switch from a relatively solitary existence to days of non-stop social interaction is exhausting. I probably have more interaction with people in one day on the job than I had during the entire year I was unemployed. I'd like to say more, but I have to run off to work and there's the other problem - finding the time to blog in this new alien schedule of mine. Some days I go in early, some days I work late, some weekends I work, some weekends I don't. I like the flexible schedule, but it's a bit harder to figure out when I'm going to have time to do the laundry and pay the bills that it would be if I had a straight 8-5 gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment