Wednesday, March 03, 2004

AN EARLY DAY
We started seasonal hours this week, meaning were open til 5pm. I report to work at 7:30am and since I'm hourly this means overtime. Overtime where I work is ok when needed... but you don't sit around with your thumb up your butt til 5 monday > friday riding the clock and ending up with 10 or more hours of OT (as it should be).
So, I shave hours. Today was slow and I had the itch to cruise, so around 12:30 me and the GM had the following exchange:
Me: "You know, now that we're open til 5 I need to watch my overtime.I was adding up my time...."
GM (cutting me off) : "Bye"! "What time are you leaving"?
Me: " Around 1"
GM: "Cool, see ya... let me run upstairs and grab my shit".
I was so busted. But it was cool all the way around and I was outta there by 1:15. I dropped a brochure off at a condo place on my way to......
Maudies.
I like going there on early days like this one because it's not too busy there at 2 on a wed. and there's a chance to visit with the former waitstaff and barstaff and busstaff who are now friends.
Off to the feed store for dogfood , and then home.
After the greeting and pets for the pets, and treats for the pets,and opening the door so the pets can run in and out for 10 minutes, it's time to come here. Blogroam around some and come back here to do this.
Cracker's playing and Dave Lowry sings :
"Somewhere I lost you in a black cloud of crows and shiny things"
"I can't remember-this is the golden age"
I like early days.

No comments:

Post a Comment