Saturday, January 31, 2004

Well they call me the workin' man, I guess that's what I am
It's been a long time since I had to get up by the alarm and get ready for work, so long that I don't even hear the alarm any more so Rob had to shake me awake this morning. The coffee routine continued after I was unemployed so that was a cinch, but morning shower, finding something to wear... I got up REAL early just in case there was an unexpected hitch. And there was because it was fekking COLD in the house this morning. Not Canadian cold, but cold enough to make me wish I could just go back under the covers because I forgot to turn the heater on in the front room last night, oops. So I bundled up, cranked the heater up in the bathroom and started pounding down coffee while the place warmed up. I considered skipping the shower since I had one last night, but I'm cursed with naturally curly hair. Yes, that's CURSED. Those of you wishing for naturally curly hair, please don't wish for that when you find a genie in a bottle, wish for a more permanent perm instead. You see, when I wake up in the morning, my naturally curly hair is a matted mess of frizz, sticking out in a variety of directions. After I drag a comb through it, it's a somewhat straightened mess of frizz that now sticks out in ALL directions. The only cure for this is to get it wet, slather on some conditioner and let it drip dry. And don't point that hair dryer at me, even with a fancy diffuser attachment, unless you want me to look like the Bride of Frankenstein. This drip dry process can take as long as three hours on a humid day and has resulted more than once in a write up at work for showing up with wet hair. Yes folks, some bosses are THAT persnickety. I'd have done better to call in sick than to walk in with wet hair, it was such a heinous crime. But enough nervous chattering here, it's time to take off (with mostly dry hair) to start me first day on the job....

No comments:

Post a Comment