Sunday, January 11, 2004

Is it age or is it the beer?
Apparently my IQ is dropping as I get older or maybe it's the six pack of beer I've consumed but this is my result from the free test at E-mode:

Your IQ score is 133

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.


I used to be able to score a 150 or greater on these tests without breaking a sweat. Back when I was in college, I made the mistake of taking the free test offered by the Dianetics folks and to this day, over 20 years later, my parents still get the occasional phone call or snail mail from them looking for me. Kinda spooky. Anyway, if I had the extra money, I think I would pay for the "IQ report" just to see where I'm slipping these days. Although that blurb about me having the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist makes me wonder if this is just a bunch of crap. Plus, I've been told I was a "genius" after many an IQ test (the first taken at age of five so I could get into first grade a year early) and I've never seen any signs of such "genius" emanating from my brain/body so I think the only thing this shows is that I was really good at taking tests in the past and I'm not as good at it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment