Monday, January 05, 2004

IT'S TIME YOU MET THE CHILDREN...
Besides my son (who was birthed by the sucubus) , there are 34 children living in the house of Ann and Rob.30 are turtles...most of them Box Turtles, currently living indoors for the winter...27 could hibernate outside for the winter,but I am such a bad parent,I did not have their outdoor pens ready for the winter.It is a logistical nightmare full off water tub rotations and anxiety...I have had these turtles for years...I love them,they love me...but more about that later.
This is about our dog children.
Let me present (clockwise and to the right), Theo,Irene and Sullivan:

They are all rescued dogs...Theo was adopted from our vet as a pup, Irene was rescued from my sons stepfathers ranch...originally intended to be my son's dog but you know how those things work out.Sullivan is the true hardcase of the bunch...never inoculated for parvo...caught it and was abandoned after the owner bailed on the bill to cure him,he lived in a vet cage for a couple of months until my vets staff saw me coming..."Hey!You like black dogs....."End of story,he was ours.
The pack order is as follows: I am the alpha male,Ann is the alpha female,Theo is currently the alpha male dog (every once and awhile he and sully get into a savage fight and switch places until the next fight...we have the blood splattered on the walls to prove it...these fights never occur when I'm around...in true dog fashion).Irene is the instigator of general mayhem and really the boss of the 2 boys...just like with us humans, women are in charge whether we like it or not.
We got a king sized bed recently...and when you come right down to it...it was so the pack could fit comfortably on it (all 5 of us).
Call me crazy...but these dogs love us unconditionally,and we them.
We are a pack of dogs...whether we know it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment