Sunday, January 04, 2004

THIS IS THE KIND OF SHIT THAT MAKES YOU FEEL OLD...
I'm in the check out line at my neighborhood grocery and all of a sudden I hear over the piped in music "Talk about the passion" by REM.Fucking REM on the muzak roster at a grocery store!!! I couldn't believe it,but there it was...one of my favorite bands (until they spewed up orange and damn near everything after that) from my youth,whose memory, apparently,has been relegated to interruptions for a clean up on isle 5.Geez.....The next thing you know Led Zeppelin will be hawking cadillacs...oh wait a minute...
I am well aware that every generations calling card is subjugated to a cartoon of what it once was eventually,but I'm not ready for my memories to be trivialized just yet...oh well...time marches on I guess.( I'm betting I won't hear any Jesus Lizard at the local grocery anytime soon,and with that I find some solace...at least the ID of my youth will be avoided by the masses).

I have some new year resolutions:
To continue on my path to a thinner, healthier me.
I have tried many times to sit down and chronicle my experiences in the psych field without success...I think because I've tried to tackle it all at once and that's just too much...so,I resolve to record those memories,as they occur to me and the fancy strikes at FULL METAL JACKASS,directing people from here.
To start playing guitar and writing again.
To get ahead,out of debt..blahblahblah.
Time to make dinner....


No comments:

Post a Comment