Sunday, January 04, 2004

I HAD THE STRANGEST DREAM...
I was outside at night,with some people I knew...not really people I knew when I was
awake,but people you know in that non descript dream sort of way.
It was raining to the point of flooding and we were along a river,on one side was a retaining wall and the residential area,on the other woods and rock overhangs...this is the side we were on.
In the pools and puddles were glowing things...of all shapes and sizes.Glowing green and pulsating...some in the shapes of wagon wheels others like giant scallops...still others in the shape of sea cucumbers and loofas. They were growing and morphing...changing shape.
On the other side of the river they had morphed into somewhat human form,all conjoined and undulating in a frantic rhtymn...until breaking off from the mass and running off into the darkness.
We were desperately trying to find our way to the other side...to the guns...I remember that distinctly,we needed to get to the guns. Something was horribly wrong ...there was something in the rain...these beings were trying to get to our side,to us...they were terrifying...fast and gelatinous,with crazy faces and sharp teeth...we had to get to the guns...not in some panicked sort of desperate way,but in a way that inferred we knew what we were doing and the guns were a solution,not a desperate measure.
We had reached the final crossing,flooded with water and these pulsating green glowing orthopods everywhere...no sound but the driving rain and thunder.How to get across?To get to the guns...
Then I woke up to Sullivan licking my hand.
I watch too many horror / war movies I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment