Thursday, January 29, 2004

Some reasons why my new job is cool
Okay, I haven't actually started work yet, but none of this should change after I "get in the trenches"...
In no particular order...

* Small business with great growth potential; I love a place that I can help to grow.
* Owner has a good reputation; I know people who know him.
* Casual dress; I'm a jeans and t-shirts kind of gal.
* Flexible work hours; a real advantage when your house has only one very tiny bathroom.
* Reasonable commute; driving anywhere in this town sucks!
* Challenging work that is meaningful work; I don't like boring or pointless jobs.
* Pay is what I wanted to make; not too little, not too much - yes, there is actually such as thing as "too much".
* IT skills useful, but not the main focus of the job; quite frankly, IT work was starting to bore me.
* Located next to a little boutique bakery; I love fresh baked bread that doesn't come from a factory.
* There will be dogs! I'm going to be the office manager at a behavioral training center for dogs! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment