Saturday, January 03, 2004

Home Alone and Drunk Again
Does that title sound like a sad country-western song? Well, I'm not sad, but Rob is still at work and I've been spending the afternoon blog reading and drinking beer on a very empty stomach so it's an accurate statement. You see, our refrigerator has decided to call it quits thereby rendering all the foodstuffs inside it inedible (the freezer still works for now - weird.) I had some cheese and crackers for breakfast, but that was all that was safe to eat. I did, however, have a cooler of beer left over from last night and that's carbs and calories, eh? Made for a tasty lunch/afternoon snack/drinking too much to be blogging now experience. Rob was supposed to be done with work at two and we assumed we wander off to Maudie's for a late lunch. Two turned into four and we decided we'd just order pizza when he got home. Four turned into seven and pizza is still on the agenda, but at this point it's a toss up as to whether I'll still be coherent enough to eat it by the time Rob gets home and it's delivered. I informed Rob of my situation and the fact that I was running out of beer and, bless his heart, his response was "No problem, just drink some of my beer if you run out of yours and I'll pick you up a twelve pack on my way home." Ah, a husband that doesn't mind if I get rip roaring drunk without him AND offers me his beer to boot. I'm a such a lucky gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment