Friday, January 30, 2004

IS THAT A HORSE'S HEAD IN MY BED,OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE ME?
I was in a foul almost all day today.I just didn't feel right,or happy,or anything remotely positive. A couple of people even asked me if I was alright at work today...this never happens (because I'm usually not shy about sharing the nature of the bug in my ass).
I just couldn't figure this particular bug out.
For all intents and purposes I should be walking around with a shit eating grin on my face and hugging everyone who comes into the shop,employee or not.It was a mood so foul I could feel it in my forehead,my scowl was obstructing my sight.
Was it the rocks no salt? No...I've suffered the aftermath of these many times,that wasn't it.
Was it the chipotle shrimp stuffed avacado I had for dinner? I'm sure the burn was contributing...but that wasn't it either. I knew when I was eating it,I would pay for it the next day,but damn it was tasty!
But then I had a...oh, whats it called?Oh yeah,a moment of clarity.
I don't have anything to be worried about.
I can't remember a day in the last couple of years when I wasn't worrying about something....Losing the house,losing the car,the IRS swooping down to break it off in us, will my son turn into the biggest loser of all time?Where will we find a box to live in big enough to hold us,three dogs and thirty turtles?
Suddenly,there was nothing to worry about,that black cloud that had been following me around forever was now a less threatening grey with some honest to god sunshine peeking through.
I'm so used to being in survival mode I guess I'm in shock.
Once the house reno gets rolling I'm sure I'll get over it...
Creatures of habit indeed......

No comments:

Post a Comment