Tuesday, January 06, 2004

AAA-CHOOO!
I think the cold snap (cool snap for you folks in the north) has triggered a bit of cedar pollen or maybe it's the misty drizzle from the last few days bumping up the mold count. Either way, I'm considering spending my entire day in front of the computer with a large pot of coffee, a box of tissue, my under-desk heater and whatever allergy medication I can find in the medicine cabinet. I probably wouldn't call in sick if I had a real job, but I'm allergic to housework and I wouldn't want to make this any worse, eh?

The dogs are not favoring my plan and are being buttheads. They have gone outside and come right back in more times than I care to count and are apparently doing their morning piss in 5 second increments due to the cold. I keep hearing the "let me out or I'll piss on the floor bark" as opposed to the "let me out because I want to bark at the neighbors bark" or the "we need water in our water bowl bark" so I've been popping up and down like a jack-in-the-box. This last trip to let them out revealed coffee grounds scattered across the carpet in the front room. The coffee pot was intact so one of the dogs must have noticed that the trash can lid wasn't secure and took advantage of the situation. Sure enough, I caught Theo with the goods; a paper plate from last night's white trash dinner of Frito Pie. Most days I can leave the lid off the can completely and they behave themselves, but apparently the lure of Frito Pie was too great. I guess I will stuff some tissue up my nose and go clean up the mess which unfortunately involves my arch nemesis, the vacuum cleaner. If I survive, I may be back to post again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment