Wednesday, January 21, 2004

THINGS ON MY MIND
Doocehad a post about her brothers dog...I read it at work...mistake.Not that being on the internet at work when it's not related to pools and spas is a mistake...PLEASE,don't make me go there.It made me cry...I'm sorry for your loss and can relate. I remembered Buddy and Skeeter and Diamond,and then I remembered Irene and Theo and Sullivan,here with us now...not those we had lost,but we love them as much if not more,maybe because of the memories of dogs gone before them.
Right on the heels ofSkot's post about his childhood dog, Andy...which I also read at work,it too made me cry.
It's been a dog death heavy week so far,which brought up the whole mortality thing for me...Theo and Irene are starting to show some grey...they are not too long in the tooth,but I refer to Theo as "old Man" more often these days,and feel funny about calling Irene my "little girl"...when in reality she is my "middle aged woman".
I can't forget Cypress...who was killed by Pit Bulls in his own back yard so many years ago...but the sight of him dead is (excuse the expression) a bad trip tattooed on my brain. ( I killed the dogs responsible...and ,to be honest,I enjoyed it at the time...revenge if you will...I have come to regret killing them,they were the victims of an owner who was obviously compensating for his small penis).
Kind of like those guys with the really big trucks,all jacked up with the big fat tires in direct contradiction to their withered appendages.But I digress.
Back to the dog thing...
Once,when I was out in the field cleaning pools,I was attacked by a group of dachshunds....really! They chased me around and around until I bailed onto the trunk of a car,safe from their pointy, frothy teeth.I was wearing sandals that day.When I went back to clean that pool on the following week I wore my 8 hole steel-toed docs,designed to propel said weinerdogs into the stratosphere...they were safely esconsed in their own back yard,unable to harass me. Would I have really kicked them into next tuesday?Not likely...I would have more likely scratched the trunk of the car up with my punk-ass steel toed boots.:)
Enough about dogs.
The state of the union address:
We are in deep DEEP trouble,and everyone seems to be aware of this except the people that matter...and in this case,the people that matter apparently don't give a shit about everyone who knows the trouble we're in...I am deeply concerned...but they don't care about what I think...If I speak my mind enough,they will find me and send me to GITMO.
So I better watch it,measure my rants and try to stay above that ever shrinking bar of patriotism...Ashcroftphobia is a good thing,apparently...who wants to deal with a man who is disturbed by concrete breasts and calico cats?
OK...I have officially moved into rambling....
I'll shut up
for now

No comments:

Post a Comment