HOW THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE "WORKS"
Here's a link explaining it : convoluted .
Now...is it just me, or does this thing give you migraines too? As written, it makes a kind of sense, but in practice it's a whole different thing. I refer you to the 2000 election. I won't bother going into all the sordid details of that travesty and say only this, government is corrupt, and that alone makes the idea of the electoral college moot.
Lets take a look at the big states :
1. California (55)... Some of the most inane, no, retarded legislation ever thought up in the history of the world comes out of California. Look who they elected governer for christ sake ( Arnold received a SEVEN minute standing ovation when he introduced Bunnypants the other day before he opened his mouth...is it because he's a great statesman? No...it's because he's the fucking terminator. ) We have entrusted the largest number of votes to a state, that, if you combined every citizen, it's make up would be 33 1/3 % artificial parts.
2. Texas (34)...Redneck bigots and good old boys and the women who love them. Plus a bunch of people from fucking california. Texas politics is the outline for corruption (DeLay). This is Bunnypants home state ( nevermind where he and his family really came from ). The second largest number of votes entrusted to a state where lynching is now called lethal injection and held the record for these sanctioned lynchings under our current pResident.
3. New York (31)...Poster child for the war on terror...
4. Florida ( 27 ) ... After 2000, they should be excluded from elections for at least 2 terms...anyone in Florida who wants to vote can go to...say...Alaska, where they will be out of the reach of Jeb Bush, otherwise known as Satan. Florida's license plates should say " the disenfranchised state" or "home of the fabricated black felon".
5. ( tie) Illinois and Pennsylvania ( 21 )... Can't comment on this one...but come on.
6. Ohio (20)...You have got to be kidding me...I've been there...there's something in the ground water.
These 6 states comprise 209 of the 270 votes needed to win, leaving 61 to the remaining states.
I hope Kerry wins, but I won't hazard a guess at this point. If Bunnypants wins I may live to see the next american revolution after all.
However it plays out, it will be contested and ugly and a shame...a blight on a country that used to be great, but now only pretends it is despite the wrath and disgust of the rest of the world.
America...the brazen liar.