Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Back to work, but I might need a canoe
My four day weekend has come to an end and it's back to work this morning. The long break was nice, though the weather sucked. It was rainy and cold (by my standards) until yesterday when it was just rainy. I didn't get much done which I blame on the weather and the fact that I knew I would probably not get more than one day off at a time in the near future (provided they don't fire me.) My only plans were to keep my early to bed and early to rise schedule, drink lots of cheap beer and go to the laundromat. Of the three, the only one I didn't accomplish was to drink lots of cheap beer. That 8:30 pm bedtime really got in the way of the beer drinking. Next time I have a long weekend, I'm going to have to remember to start drinking at 10:00 am. I should be nicely rested after such a long break, but the heavy rains last night kept me from getting much sleep. Like Rob, I can't sleep at night when that happens thanks to the time the house flooded. I guess that sort of event marks a person for a long time. Today will be the first day in a long time that no one has been home during a flood event so I'm sure we'll both be quite anxious if the rain keeps falling today (and it's expected to do so.) Ah well, what will be, will be - there's nothing we can do about it.

Update: The house was nice and dry when we got home. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment