Tuesday, November 16, 2004

SHOULD WE CALL OURSELVES THE BARKING SPIDERS?

It's been raining here for days...there are flash flood watches and warnings, a couple even got washed away in the Blanco river the other day. They found the guy clinging to a tree and rescued him, but they haven't found the woman. Who recently returned from duty in Iraq after being awarded the silver star after some asshole she was trying to help (medic,BTW) shot her in the knee. Imagine that, you survive that nightmare only to be sucked away by a river engourged with all this rain. Man, I think I'd rather be shot and killed given the option.
Steady rain like this frazzels my nerves, which accounts for why I'm up and posting after 11:00pm. I can't sleep. I'm worried that our house will flood...again.
This morning, one of the other electricians quipped, " Man, a few more days of rain like this and we'll have to form a grunge band". I wish I could remember what we did with the flannel shirts during the remodel.
This cell of storms is particularly evil...It swells for 5 or so minutes then stops for 5 or so, then swells again. It reminds me of a bully holding someone down on the ground and lowering a loogie slowly towards their face only to suck it up at the last possible minute...over and over, with the victim never knowing when it would actually hit them, also known as white trash water torture in some circles.
At least it's not real heavy rain, it's moderately heavy, like a grunge band...just heavy enough to make me queasy.
OK...now I'm officially rambling...seriously though, "Barking Spiders". Has a kind of ring to it, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment