Wednesday, November 24, 2004

HMONG FEAR BACKLASH,OR...LET'S GO DEER HUNTING V.3

With 6 dead and 2 wounded, it's hard to imagine Vang was able to take out "8 armed men" all by his lonesome with an SKS. That's because he didn't, or rather, they weren't all armed, only one of them was.
Yet there are sites reporting that they were...and labelling Vang a "gun nut" and telling people to thank the NRA for allowing Vang to wander the Wisconsin woods with an assault rifle.
Here's a shining example of the shit I'm referring to from a contributer to Bartcop

Subject: that new NRA office in Wisconsin

The "incident" in Wisconsin blows to hell the NRA's argument that when people are armed
they can better defend themselves. Everybody involved in this was armed. It's just the other guy had a fucking semi-auto crappy Chinese AK-47 wannabe.machine gun.
So now all the deer hunters will want one "just in case".

(me: It's not a machine gun asshat, it's a semi- automatic rifle. Machine gun intimates "fully" automatic...get over yourself already)

Who the F hunts with a SKS or AK-47?

(me: You got me, but I'm sure people do. And they shouldn't. I mean, hunt at all with a rifle, if you have to hunt, do it on the ground with a bow and arrow...not in a tree stand with a cannon and a 12 pack.)

I bet if you check the guy with the SKS his dink will be about 3 inches.
The smaller the dink the bigger the gun. That's the rule.

(me: Please....)

And to the families of the dead. I am sorry for your loss.

(me: me too...unless they were racists, like this guy.)

But aren't you glad we have that glorious second amendment?

(me: yes.)

At least your lost loved ones had a chance.
That should be of some comfort.

(me: that's just stupid bleeding heart rhetoric)

Steven B

( B for bonehead)

OK, let's clear things up...again. Perhaps this illustration will help clarify: I used to own a remington model 714, 30.06 "hunting" rifle, it was a semi-automatic weapon capable of delivering 8 rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger...with extra clips on hand you could reload in no time and deliver 7 more with each clip. The only differences between that weapon and the SKS are as follows: the Remington 30.06 is a bigger round, more damage, bigger kick. The SKS in question has a larger magazine capacity, and those magazines are readily available for about 10 dollars each (for a 30 round magazine), you can get larger magazines for the remington, but they are far and few between from my experience browsing at gun shows and cost considerably more. But the reality of it is, it's the same fucking thing,6 of 1-half a dozen of the other. The remington does hurt your shoulder more, I'll admit...you can shoot an SKS all day long if you want to. The only difference then, really, is classification, the semi-automatic remington is a "hunting rifle" and the semi-automatic SKS is an "assault rifle". I really don't see much of a difference here, what is shooting a deer (except for the armed ones) other than "assault"? Oh, yeah, I forgot...it's a "sport" and a "time honored american tradition"...ask a deer that's been shot with a 30.06 what they think about hunting, well never mind, they're dead and they can't talk anyway,but I assure you they don't like it.
Enough about that though, back to the matter at hand.
A new bit of info I read today calls for a correction on my last post about this...Vang was in the national guard, not the army.While in the gaurd, he earned a sharpshooter emblem but his duties mostly involved "clerical work" (this was an AP story in the Austin american statesman today...I would provide a link, but I can't remember the dummy password to access the article). The article also went on to say that Vangs grandfather(I think it was his GF) was General Vang, leader of the Hmong "secret army" that helped the US in Laos (even though we weren't there) during the war in Viet Nam.
In light of the statements by Vang implying the hunter fired on him first and his emerging background, I'd say these hunters picked the wrong Hmong to fuck with...if they fucked with him. If you do a google search you can find links that mention tension and strife between whitey and the Hmong community in that area, some of it related to hunting, and oddly enough, fish poaching (angling...not cooking). So, the Hmong community is bracing for a backlash? Why? Is it because one of there own killed 6 and wounded 2 out of the fucking blue? A Hmong/American member of minnesota government opined that Vang was "crazy", to which I'm sure Vang said "thanks homegirl"!
Or is it because they have reason to be fearful?
Stay tuned...you know there will be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment