Saturday, November 20, 2004

SATURDAY ALONE...THOUGHTS ARE FLOWIN' LIKE A WATERFALL

Well, not all alone if you count the tres negras peros, but Ann's at work. So it's just me and the dogs. I haven't had this much time to myself since I can remember. I had planned on cleaning out the office for a project, but 30 minutes into that I was so overwhelmed I gave up, and turned my attention to the main rooms of the house, sweeping,dusting and cleaning up clutter. The place looks pretty good if I must say so myself. I had an awesome breakfast...leftover piccadillo enchiladas with fried eggs...over medium. The coffee was gone and there was nothing left to drink save the orange juice...and what goes better with OJ than vodka(except a not guilty verdict)...yummy.
I hooked the real stereo up a couple of weeks ago out in the main room of the house...so I've been playing the music loud today. Started out with the Who live at leeds, hung there for a while (played substitute a half dozen times) and then threw in Sade's Lover's Rock...I'm sure the neighbors are scratching their heads...just wait till I throw in the jesus lizard ... now, I think. Wait, some Pogue's first...sunny side of the street, in honor of the fucking rain that continues to fall.
"I will not be reconstructed"...I love that line. I got this CD (Hell's Ditch) in the mail the day my mom died in 1992.I remember coming home from the hospital and finding it in my mailbox along with 4 free packs of camel wides taunting me. I still smoke them to this day. It doesn't remind me of her, but it reminds me of that day, which reminds me of the black watch's amazing grace, which reminds me of my mom.
"You can't take 'em with you when you go"...Ghost of a smile...There are things I'd like to take with me when I go, but I can't prioritize them exactly...some involve gunfire.
Summer in Siam...ewww...time to jump to the lizard. Oh wait...rain street first then 5 green queens and jean. Then the lizard...oh, most beautiful lizard.
"I recall the moment, more distant than it seems, when 5 green queens on a black bin bag meant all the world to me"...For some reason this reminds me of my dad...and regret.
Ahhh...Jesus Lizard's "Shot"...ugly ugly music...I used to see these guys when they were Scratch acid ( 2 of 'em anyway) way back in the 80's...The bass players mom was a nurse at the treatment center I worked at way back when, when they learned she was the mother of David William Sims, they suddenly cooperated...she was instantly cool. And he is an awesome bass player...there would be no Scratch Acid or Jesus Lizard if it were'nt for his bass lines...or the vocals(?) of David Yow, a scary little guy who was on the tennis team at austin high. He's not short, he's just wrapped tighter.
"They found him in a latrine hiding, dressed in clothing 15 layers deep" Huh? I fucking love it. On to Marilyn Manson...one song really, from Holywood..."Burning Flag"..."We are just stars on your burning flag"...yes we are. " I killed myself to make everybody pay"? That's a bit much.
Blah...blah...blah as our illustrious drummer would say.
Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment