Monday, November 22, 2004

Rain, rain, go away
Enough with the rain, already. It's my day off and I have a ton of things I need/want to do before I head back to work tomorrow, but the thing I was hoping for the most was a bit of sunshine. You see, the office where I work is very dark. There's not much overhead lighting and much of the light comes from the rows of flat screen monitors. It's a bit like being inside one of those big aquarium facilities where the hallways are dark and the only light is the tanks lining the walls. I rather like it and it's well suited for staring at monitor eight hours a day, but it also happens to be just like my house. In fact, the place looks a whole lot like my house. Our computer desks here at home are the exact same desks the managers use. I sit at my workstation and a face a metal wall, just like the one I face at home. There are even walls painted red, just like we have at home (though a slightly different shade.) Now there's nothing wrong with this home away from home atmosphere except that when you combine it with the fact that we've had nothing but rain here for weeks now, I feel like I've been shuttling back and forth between two underwater caves. The decor that's normally a soothing respite from the glaring light and heat of the seemingly endless Texas summer becomes a real liability in this kind of non-stop rainy weather. It's grey outside, it's grey inside and even my mood is turning grey at this point. Meh. I think I'll go back to bed and hibernate. Wake me when the sun comes out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment