Wednesday, November 07, 2007

VALUE(S) DAY

As Ann noted in her post from yesterday ,her back is tweaked out and I came home from work early to drive her to the doctor.Then we went to the pharmacy and wandered around for what I'm sure seemed like an eternity to her while they filled her scripts in (ahem) 15 to 20 minutes.It was fun wandering around the walgreens looking at all the christmas shit already on display.We got a new heating pad as well.
And then I ventured out with Irene to replace my tape measure that some miserable fuckhead at the tower of evil stole from me last week.Ann requested a clock for the bathroom with easy to read from the tub numbers and some febreze to undoggify the bed/bedroom as Theo is not only ancient and grumpy,he is stinky and adverse to bathing.
I found this awesome clock:



I like the vintage look and I'm amused that it says "electric standard" when it is powered by a single AA battery.
And I installed it in the bathroom in easy view from the tub so Ann can time her morning soaks.Then I changed the bedding and febreezed the mattress and pillows and hooked up her heating pad and generally pampered her.
And why did I do these things?Out of a sense of obligation?No.
Out of a sense of "hoo-whee"!!!I get to leave work early..?a little bit :)
Out of a sense of she's my girl and she needs my help...absolutely.
Now that's what I consider a value of a different sort.
I got a hella deal on the clock,and ended up getting my replacement tape measure at the supply house we use all the time and they gave me the killer discount.
Today was a lesson in values,some that made my heart feel good,and some that made my wallet feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment