Thursday, November 08, 2007

Here there be dragons...er, birds....
I survived a day at work sitting in the chairs that hurt my back even when my back isn't hurting to begin with. Fortunately for me there was a scheduling mishap which shortened my days this week by an hour so it was with much relief that I got to leave an hour earlier than planned and head back home to my heating pad. The Flexeril is short circuiting my brain even though I only take it at night now and I hope I didn't make too many mistakes at work today. Not sure since about the only thing I remember from the day's events is that my back hurt. Well, I do remember that Rob and I went to eat at Golden Corral for dinner since that was just an hour ago, but I'll probably have forgotten that by morning. But the most annoying side effect of Flexeril is that it screws up my visual interpretation and I see things that are not there. Actually it's not that I see things that aren't there, it's more that I look at something that is there, but see something else instead. Such as the giant bird I saw on the way home that was actually just a patch of sky between the trees. My brain went - WOW! IT'S A GIANT BIRD! then I snapped that there is no such thing so it must be something else and only then did I see it was a patch of sky. But it sure did look like a GIANT BIRD until I thought about it. Now I suppose this could actually be kind of fun if I could stop feeling so freaked out when it happens. My hope is this side effect will subside or if not that I'll learn to enjoy it. Otherwise it's going to be a very long two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment