Monday, November 12, 2007

DEN OF THIEVES

Last week at the tower of evil,someone made off with my tape measure.It wasn't a cheap one either.Numbers on both sides and with a magnetic tip.But what happened next defies logic.
Last Friday at morning break,I hit the soda machine as usual,but instead of going down stairs I went straight out into the alley to smoke.I left my hard hat on the top of the soda machine thinking surely it would be alright for five or ten minutes.Wrong.
When I returned to retrieve it,it was gone.This is not one of the uncomfortable hard hats issued by the contractor,I bought it.And it was personalized with a variety of stickers and had "REV" drawn on the back in sharpie.
The #two safety guy informed me that the building security guard had taken it.I called securities number and inquired,yes,he had taken it and told me it was a "big no-no" (security talk I guess)to leave a hard hat unattended on the second floor,the he muttered something I couldn't really understand and told me to wait by the soda machine and he would return my hard hat presently.With work to be done,I got a spare from downstairs and headed up the T.O.E to my floor.He called me and I met him on two.He abruptly gave me my HH back and scuttled off.All of my stickers had been removed and someone had attempted to remove the "Rev" from the back.
I was furious,and told everyone I encountered on my way back up the tower.
It went something like this:
"Rev...what's wrong"?
"Some mother fucker tried to steal my god damn hard hat...first they steal my tape measure and now this"?!"They pulled off my stickers and tried to get my name off the back"."If I catch a motherfucker stealing my shit,motherfuckers gonna get hurt"!
Now,I don't usually go all feral like that,especially on the job.People knew I was upset.
I had a chat with safety guy # one later in the day about it,and related my dismay that someone would stoop so low as to try to steal a fucking hard hat.He returned moments later with safety # two,who basically said there was no way that any of their guys would have tried something like that if the security guard had indeed put it in the contractors office.He implied that the security guard was the culprit,and further implied that he is an asshole.He is an asshole by the way,one of those angry 50 something vets working in a go nowhere job for 10 dollars an hour and one of the benefits is to fuck with people...you know the type.And so do I.Based on my subsequent interactions with "Benson",I think # two is correct.
Ann suggested this might be payback from XXX...but he wouldn't do that to my hard hat,this I know in my heart.
He would shit in my lunch box!
HA~!

No comments:

Post a Comment