Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Turkey Day Tomorrow
The roads have been packed with travelers as people head out of town to spend the holiday with their family and friends. We are staying put since our family is nearby... for now... there's a possibility that the kids may be heading off to pursue new opportunities in Colorado come January. But for now they are nearby and we'll be doing Thanksgiving with them on Sunday. Tomorrow we will be having Thanksgiving *supper* at my folks house. I work tomorrow so we had to move the feast to the evening. The supervisor calls have increased this week and I suppose that's a sign of the additional stress that many people seem to feel during the holiday season. I usually get at least one "screamer" per day, but it was pretty much every other caller today. I was particularly annoyed at the folks who were transferred to me so they could complain about the delay the holiday was causing in getting their issues resolved since no DSL repair tickets will be worked tomorrow. One person even told me that it was "unacceptable that we were not running a full work force in all departments tomorrow." Let's hope things never come to that, but it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't come to pass down the road as more and more employers give fewer and fewer holidays. If you have the day off tomorrow, give thanks that you have an employer who hasn't yet cut this holiday out in the name of being "competitive."

No comments:

Post a Comment