Monday, November 12, 2007

THIS SINGER/SONGWRITER THING KINDA SUCKS

I've been in bands since I was 13...truth be told,the first serious endeavor was and is the current band formed in 1994.That's 13 going on 14 years in the same band with the same people,and while we have not been very active these last few years,we have not,despite the rumors,broken up.
In addition to the band stuff,I am kind of a folkie,I love strumming on the acoustic and a lot of the wolves songs were born on my acoustic.
I've come up with this killer riff that does not lend itself to the sound and the fury that is our band,but the words escape me.I came up with this thing on Saturday and i have yet to come up with some lyrics that I'm happy with.
Back in the day they just flowed off my tongue and i didn't even really think about them,but most of those songs were angry and heart broken,so it was easy.I'm not those things anymore (not so much,anyway) and it seems I've spent the bank.
Playing by myself is a very different experience than playing with the band.
It's more intimate and exposed.And it's harder to get it the way I want it,I can't rely on my band mates to flesh it out or allow me to wank off into one of those crazy ass solos.
So...I've got this killer riff I'm wrestling with...

No comments:

Post a Comment