Friday, November 16, 2007

THE DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION 2-THE METAL YEARS

I watched it this evening,just finished it in fact.I'm renewed in my relief that I went from hippy to punk without the purgatory that was heavy metal in the 80's.
I listened to some of these bands but never embraced the style,and I use that term loosely.
Those guys looked fucking stupid,what with the big hair and the make up and the womens pants and the boots and the scarves.I think the only logical conclusion one can come to to explain the incredible amount of 'tang these guys got is that a comet passed through the atmosphere and left a particle belt that altered women's judgement and boosted their libidos to the point of fuck anything with an instrument for a decade.Or maybe it was drugs and booze.
Ozzy was(as always)affectionately amusing,you could understand his every word but even he was sporting a gay ass hair do.
Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley are clearly latent homosexuals and had no business being in it.
I love Alice Cooper.
I love Lemmy even more.
Steven Tyler and Joe Perry were 11 months sober at the time,but still annoying to watch and listen to,but they were the shit in the 70's as far as I was concerned.
The local bands shown playing and interviewed were pale imitations of the bands that made it musically,but they all shared a determination (denial?) that was admirable (laughable?).
I bet that guy from WASP is dead.I like my vodka,but gawd damn!
And they saved the best for last.

No comments:

Post a Comment