Friday, November 09, 2007

I might turn smuggler...
Not much new here - same old back pain and the usual crap at at work, but I do have the entire weekend off this time around. Yep, both Saturday and Sunday - woot! I may head down to Lockhart with Rob tomorrow to see the kids and grandkids if I think my back is up to it. It's not that long of a drive, but the car seat is even worse than the chairs at work. I can't help but wonder if I'd be feeling a lot better by now if I had gone ahead and spent the money for Etodolac instead of Naproxyn. But my insurance doesn't cover Etodolac and the last time I made that choice when the arthritis in my foot flared up it cost me $84 (full price) instead of a $10 copay. I have no idea why my insurance company doesn't cover it - it's a friggin' generic fer chrissakes. I think if we make the Mexico run for FOTCR* presents this year, I'm stopping at one of the farmacias where I can get it for a much better price with no prescription needed. Of course, it wouldn't really be smuggling since I'm legally allowed to bring back a "reasonable amount for personal use" and NSAIDs don't exactly bring in the big bucks on the black market. Not yet anyway, but if the drug companies and pharmacies in the US continue their ridiculous pricing while all us baby-boomers continue to age, I could see a black market demand for these in the future.

*FOTCR - Feast of the Cash Register; a most excellent term for modern Christmas coined by Blue Witch.

No comments:

Post a Comment