Wednesday, November 14, 2007

IT'S NOT SO BAD REALLY,BUT IT COULD BE SO MUCH BETTER.

In spite of all our difficulties,life is still pretty good,if you compare us to living in say Bolivia or,god forbid,Iraq or Afghanistan.
As much as I piss and moan about our station in life,things could be worse.And by worse I mean catastrophic.
I went to a funeral this morning...my buddy XXX's mom died over the weekend at the age of 84,back in the day I thought that was fucking ancient,but as I get older I think...hey,wait a minute.
Embracing my mortality is more difficult than I imagined I guess.
Almost the whole crew is going,in solidarity with XXX.My mom died a long time ago,but the wound remains fresh after all these years...I don't think you ever recover fully from a loss like that,I haven't.XXX is much older than me,as was his mom older than mine when she died,but I recognized the expression on his face when he told us,and the tone of his voice,and the tears that welled up in his eyes that he (and I,in self defense) pretended were not there.His buddy on the crew brought a gay ass card for us to sign,one like your grandmother would buy,today.We all did.It was perfect.
He'll hold that card close to his heart forever,as well he should,because we all mean what we say,and what we say is...much love and support for you my friend.
And when it's over,we will come back to work,and life will resume,somewhat different than it was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment