Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday, indeed!
Let there be no doubt that e-commerce is alive and well on the internet. Today I had to listen to people literally SCREAMING because their internet service was down and they couldn't do their online shopping. Hard to imagine that shopping has become so important to some people that they turn into complete assholes when denied the opportunity. I could understand the reaction if it was their one chance to buy food for their starving family, but to get that upset because you can't buy something on Black Friday? A part of me can't help but wish them a literal apoplexy from this sort of behavior. The end of the workday couldn't get here fast enough for me and I'm now happily at home (with shoes OFF) and a cold beer doing my best to shake off all the bad vibes that came my way today. I'm going to spend the next three days accumulating as much tranquility and bliss as possible to prepare for next week. If the past three years are any indication, this is going to go on for the next three months or so until people finally chill out towards the end of February. It's a shame that a holiday season that is supposed to be about "peace and goodwill" is anything but these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment