Sunday, September 02, 2007

KISSES FROM THEO

Very special things.You don't get them very often,but I have been the recipient of several recently and to that I owe the brush and the leash.I have been going out of my way to give him the life of riley in his twilight time and it's paying off for us both.Theo gets spoiled big time and I get to remember why I love him so much.
And kisses!Gentle caresses from a dog that hates face time as a rule makes me proud,that he loves me so much he would give me a kiss...if you don't get this or think it's weird,that's cool.
I was supposed to go see Slayer yesterday in San Antonio.I was out on my porch at the designated time and no friends...The next thing I know Ann is home from work wondering why I'm still here.I call my friend and they tell me they knocked on my door and called my cell and blah blah blah...they fucking blew me off.
I mean,I was the designated driver...so that means sober,and I was.
I don't know what happened,one minute I was on the porch waiting for them,the next I was saying hello to Ann.They said they called me several times,but my phone shows no record of this.My final words to them were "FUCK you guys!"
I was angry,my feelings were hurt,I wasn't sure what had happened,and I'm still not.
Marginal friends,though long term marginal friends,but after yesterday,friends no more.
Which brings me back to Theo,and Sully,and Beenz and Buddy and Cypress and Skeeter and Diamond and Sunday and Murphy and all the strays in between,my best friends have always been canine since I can remember.They would jump off a cliff for me and I for them.
Now that's pals.

No comments:

Post a Comment