Monday, September 24, 2007

The other reason for the Magic Computer Thingy-Ma-Jig
Sure the convenience is nice, but another benefit is that are no more stacks of CDs and CD cases. At one point we had racks for them in an attempt to keep them organized, but it didn't really work - they ended up piled all around the stereo anyway. I spent the last two days burning CDs to the hard drive so I could put them in what we call "The Big Book of CDs" which is a portfolio type thing that holds 500. That way they are handy for when Rob want to grab one for the car CD player. The empty cases went into cardboard boxes marked "empty cases" which were then tossed in the back storage area. Good Riddance! When I first moved in with Rob, one of the hardest things to adjust to was the fact that he didn't put albums back in the covers immediately (ya, we still played vinyl back in the day.) As we transitioned to CDs, it got to where it didn't bother me quite as much since CDs are pretty tough. But Rob is a music playing machine and I couldn't ever keep up with the piles that would be generated by a night's music listening which was also aggravated by the fact that a lot of CDs aren't labeled with anything more than some obscure picture. So I'd be wondering if the CD that I was holding which had nothing but a wood print on it was REM or Cracker since both of them have one with a wood print. Damn it, I just wanted to straighten up, not have to pop it in the CD player to see who the hell it was. I eventually just gave into clutter, but I think we have a workable way around it now. I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do with the other CDs that don't fit in the portfolio and we can't afford to buy another one of those right now, but I'll come up with something. Until then, Rob will have to be content with the 500 CD selection currently available for his automotive listening pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment