Wednesday, September 05, 2007

SUBHUMANS AT EMO'S SEPTEMBER 11

They are back again,and the timing is interesting to me because back in 2004 the same guy ghosted me at their show that ghosted me for the Slayer show this past weekend,only this time he didn't drink up 20 dollars of my money,got a free ticket,and took my money down the road to buy pizza and after I tracked him down had the audacity to insult me and my kindness.
My only regret is that I didn't have the opportunity to hit him with something more substantial than a poster.
And that is the troubling difference between 2004 and the present.I've been thinking about this for a while,and while all people grow and change through experience,I'm not pleased with the emotional changes I've gone through since my induction into the world of construction.
Had the subhumans thing happened in 06 or 07,I would have been more inclined to shank his ass,or at the very least kicked him out of his chair with a few more for good measure.
And I don't know if that's a sign of regression or an acceptance of reality,the line is so blurred for me at this point that I can't tell you honestly if I'm finally adjusted to the world we live in,or relegated to the base instincts of a populace that has been debased and shit on enough that they are want to rise up and strike out.(you know...the myth of the middle class in america).It's not just about concerts and asshole friends...it's about asshole employers and the world politic and the insanity unfolding around us that contributes to my distress...it's a breakdown of the basic structure.
In 04 I was able to let it go and amble on as if,but not so much now in 07.
I have no tolerance anymore as far as my personal life is concerned.
The WORLD is in turmoil...and here I am,still dealing with this monkey shit.It's confounding to me and to quote the horse man from Ren and Stimpy,"No sir...I don't like it".
I don't like it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment