Thursday, September 06, 2007

OUCH

I was driving a self tapping screw into a metal stud this morning with a drill when the screw shot off north and the drill shot off south,still spinning,right into the web between my thumb and index finger.I was pushing hard so the phillips tip in the drill went all the way into my hand (1/4 inch maybe).It hurt like a mofo.Being a magnetic tip it had little bits of metal it deposited into the hole it made.Thankfully my tetanus is current.The contractor has not replenished the first aid kits on the individual floors like it said it was going to do 2 weeks ago,so I had to descend in the elevator from hell to our staging area to deal with it.
I dug the metal bits out and cleaned it and bandaged it and went back to work.
Thank goodness for nursing school.On my ride back up in the E.F.H I ruminated on how my life would be now had I actually graduated from nursing school and become an RN.And I concluded that I would be in the ER of the city hospital picking metal bits out of some pussies hand that couldn't deal with it himself.
I had a bit of a chuckle on that thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment