Saturday, September 08, 2007

KITCHEN INGENUITY

When I was young,my family hit hard times every once in...fuck it,a lot.My mom had to be creative when it came to meals during those times and she was a master at doing magical things with seemingly unrelated left overs.
My mom also insisted that I learn to cook (among other "wifely" things,because I may not have a wife to "do it for me"...how provincial:)).Anyway...neither of us could be bothered with a trip to the grocery for dinner,so I improvised with what we had around the house.
I will call this "white trash goulash" regardless of how it turns out.

Ingredients:
2 grilled chicken thighs...skinned and cubed
1 1/2 country style grilled pork ribs cubed
1 southside market garlic sausage link thin sliced
1/2 can spiced diced tomato
1 can ranch style beans

2 cups egg noodles

Combine meat,saute.Which is french for reheat.
Add diced tomato...bring to boil then simmer till the Beverly Hillbilly's is over.
Add ranch style beans and bring to a boil again,then half way through The Dukes of Hazard or after Green Acres(depending on which TV land feed you have),simmer..."fer a bit".
At some point boil up some egg noodles...drain them.
Spoon meat sauce stuff over noodles,crack a cheap beer and click over to the NASCAR channel.
Saltines are optional.
Bon appetite'!

No comments:

Post a Comment