Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day-Dreaming
I asked Rob the other day which kind of RV he had in mind for our future plans. He said he favored a school bus conversion. That does happen to be a childhood hippie dream of mine, but I think I might be a bit old for the living in a bus thing 10 years from now. Then again, most of the RVs that I've looked at on the internet are way too fancy for my taste so I probably shouldn't rule out a home grown bus conversion. And then there is the issue that Rob plans on continuing to work as an electrician. He will need a way to and from work - motorcycle? Get a fifth wheel or travel trailer so he can take the truck to work? My favorite idea so far is to get a utility trailer to haul around a yurt, stove and furnishings, but there is the part about setting it up and taking it down again each time we wanted to move to another place. And I've heard that a lot of RV parks don't allow tents so they probably wouldn't allow a yurt either. Lots of things to consider, but one thing I know for sure - we are going to have to the spend the next 10 years getting rid of most of the stuff we spent the last 15 years accumulating.

No comments:

Post a Comment