Saturday, September 22, 2007

IRELAND

There's this wetback at work that wears a t shirt that says Ireland on it with a shamrock below.He got it at target (I know this because I have the exact same shirt,bought at Target and it came with a ball cap that also says Ireland with a shamrock).
He wears this shirt at least 3 times a week which tells me he is either woefully short of work clothes or he thinks he's fuckin' Irish.Or,probably more to the point,he has no idea the insult he's broadcasting by wearing the damn thing.
He was on the elevator from hell in that shirt the other day with a bunch of us english speaking people and I commented on his choice of apparel in a less than flattering way.
Disgust really,and suggested that I was going to buy one of those "100% Honduran vato" shirt the next time I was at the wetback,I mean flea market just to see how they like it when a white guy subsidizes their cultural iconography.He might pretend that he doesn't understand english,but by the look on his face he knew exactly what I was talking about.
I'm not Irish,but my mom was north country english near Scotland,which is kinda close to Ireland,which,historically makes us all Celtic I think.Or at the very least Teutonic. (HA!My mother was so ironic...).
I love Irish folklore and this wetback has no clue about Ireland and it's history,he just got a deal on a work shirt at fucking target.
So,that's the plan...next time I'm at the market I'm buying the most obnoxious wetback pride shirt I can find and I'm wearing it to work.
Fuck those guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment