Saturday, September 22, 2007

Your Saturday, My Friday
Ah, the last day of the work week for me so it's my Friday night. Probably the most annoying thing that happened at work today was the fact that my task "inbox" held more tasks than any one person, including superman, could possibly have done in one day. In fact, it was more than I could have done over three consecutive slow days (and Saturday is not a slow day.) There's no way they can hold me accountable for the 72 tasks left in my box at the end of the day so it's not that I'm worried about getting in trouble, I just find it annoying. Those 72 other things actually needed to get done and no one bothered to find additional resources to make it possible. Ah well, I'm not a manager anymore so I can just let it go without another thought.

Tonight I hooked up the old laptop (no longer used for work) to the stereo so we can play our vast music collection from our various hard drives rather than digging through stacks of CDs looking for that one song that we just have to hear NOW. It's a bit hard to find a specific CD when we have what must be over 1000 CDs by now - not sure how many we actually have since we stopped counting years ago when we hit 800. It didn't turn out to be as easy a task as I anticipated since the versions of i-tunes on the laptop and my desktop weren't compatible. Not a huge problem, just needed to update, but then the update wouldn't install. I eventually got it sorted out, but after spending all day helping people with their recalcitrant computers, I really didn't need to experience an evening of my dealing with my own. But once it was all up and running, much fun was had. Unfortunately not all our music has been ripped to a hard drive yet so it's not quite just a few clicks to hear the exact song what we want, but eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment