Saturday, September 29, 2007

LAZY DAY

I got up early (before 7 am) because Ann's alarm woke me and for a moment I thought I had to go to work.I quickly realized it was saturday and I didn't,but I was awake.I had a cuppa coffay and a smoke,cruised the net for a bit,bid Ann a good day and went back to bed,dogs in tow.I had a nice little nap and then flipped through the channels on the bed for the rest of the day.I ran out of smokes around 2,but couldn't be assed to go get some.I watched an amazing documentary on the history channel about the mount st. Helen eruption in 1980 and the impending eruption of mount Rainier, which is much closer to heavily populated areas and the resulting landslides,ash and soot will annihilate tens of thousands of people.The power of nature is amazing and it doesn't care about you or me,and if I lived there I would move...today.
The thought of being crushed and burned by a wall of super heated water full of trees and boulders and clay thirty feet high and moving at 300 feet per second is not my idea of a good time.It's a matter of when...there's no preventing it,and it will make Katrina and Rita look like a sun shower in comparison.
Then I watched the back half of "under cover brother"on comedy central...an attempt to recreate the glory days of blaxploitation movies from the 70's.It's fairly amusing,and the main "plot" thread of adulterated fried chicken making black people slaves to the man was damn funny.
Then Ann came home and Beenzie and I ventured forth to HEB for smokes and something for dinner.These days I shop cheap and on sale,tonight we had chili cheese dogs and I got some more of that pork at 99 cents a pound along with carrots and potatoes that are stewing on low in the crock pot immersed in guisada sauce.Guisada is spanish for stew and the pork cut is called carnitas,which is spanish for little meats.
Little meat stew...it should be awesome.Cooked over night.Yum!
I can hardly wait for brunch tomorrow...little meat stew with eggs over medium.
Boo-Ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment