Tuesday, September 25, 2007

More CDs and Cheap Breakfast

Hah, Rob posted that I "finished" downloading the CDs. Well, I finished the ones that were in the living room, but that's only HALF of them. Still it's good to have hit that half-way mark. I'm off work today so I'll keep at it, but unfortunately I'm out of the small boxes that were perfect to pack up the empty cases. I guess this next batch will have to go in a big box stacked triple deep. Funny that I'm worried about not being able to find a particular CD case down the road - why on earth would we need to? Everything we could ever want to know about the CD is on the internet these days.

This weekend I cooked up a big batch of breakfast tacos to have for breakfast in the morning. I usually eat a frozen breakfast product like Lean Pockets, Jimmy Dean Omelets, or Pillsbury Breakfast Strudel. Yes, high in calories and fat, but quick and easy and better than no breakfast at all. These products are pretty cheap when on sale, but I thought I might save even more if I whipped up my own. What I didn't realize was just how much cheaper it would be for a little bit of work on a Sunday morning. I ended up with 14 breakfast tacos for under $5.00 (after Rob had some of the eggs and sausage for himself.) Now that's some cheap breakfast! I'm not worried about getting tired of breakfast tacos over the next two weeks because I don't have an appetite first thing in the morning so it doesn't really matter so much what I eat (one reason I was able to eat that frozen crap day after day.) I figure it's probably healthier than whatever they put in that processed stuff so I'm counting this as the first example of "cheaper AND healthier" eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment