Friday, September 21, 2007

Back to the Grind

I've had two days back at work and this morning I'll be heading that way for day number three. Since coming back, I've been chastised for my performance which is annoying when you consider I had been off the phones for well over a year and never was trained on any of the calls I take now. Ah well, it's par for the course at that company. There are a lot of reasons to not like this job, but I think the biggest one is that I'm very isolated. I talk to customers once, maybe twice if I have to call them back with additional information and then move on to the next stranger. There's no interaction with co-workers, very little interaction with management (and that's usually negative) and no teamwork. I suppose it's not that much different than being a manager, but at least I interacted with my employees and had the opportunity to talk to other managers. I would be much happier working at Jack-in-the-Box, but can't afford the pay cut right now. And so I will slog back into work. I'm so excited... NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment