Sunday, September 09, 2007

VACATION!
I clocked out at work today at 5:00 PM CST and won't be clocking back in until 8:00 AM September 19th. Because I worked weekends and had a rotating schedule as a manager, I always got screwed on the vacation time and never had the two "weekend days" plus the "five days vacation pay" followed by two more "weekend days" that most people get. My schedule isn't much different with this new position except that now I'm allowed to take the full shebang when it comes to a week's vacation. It's ironic because this position doesn't come anywhere close to the amount of stress and hours of the other one, yet provides better vacation opportunities. Go figure.

I didn't make a whole lot of plans for this week off since part of the appeal is to get up when ever I want and do whatever I want without any structure. I do plan to head down to one of the farmer's markets on Wednesday morning to pick up some real food for a few good home cooked meals. Beyond that, I suspect there will be some bread baking, some video game playing and maybe some green bean planting. And I *might* sew myself a few skirts, though I'd have to drag my sewing machine out of the back storage room and clean it up first (not to mention finding a place to put it.) That might be a bit more "work" than I want to do on my vacation. So tomorrow morning I'm going to wake up and decide what I want to do at that point and go from there. And I may find that I decide to do nothing at all which is quite okay with me.

Oh by the way, I fixed the rear window on my car - not sure exactly how I managed to coax that motor to start working again, but now that the window is back up I just need to be careful not to accidentally hit the switch and roll it down again. And I suppose I should probably put the door panel back on at some point lest I drive it for years that way like my friend LT did with his Chevy Beretta.

No comments:

Post a Comment