Friday, September 24, 2004

Wasting Money
Not a good thing to be doing under the circumstances, but I just blew $10 on cab fare to the grocery store (round trip.) You see, Rob is working a double today and will not be home until after midnight. Now Rob would very much like to drink some beer when he gets home, but there's no beer in the house and by the time he gets off work it will be too late to buy any. I also needed some other things from the store before tomorrow and it's only 1.5 miles away so I figured cab fare would be pretty cheap. NOT. Seems that rates have gone up a bit since the last time I took a cab from Sixth Street for $7 one way. Either that or I'm a lot closer to Sixth Street than I thought. Anyway I discovered that in addition to the price, waiting for a cab is not much faster than waiting for a bus. I've always complained that the bus on my street only runs every 20 minutes, but I'd have never guessed that the wait for a cab was about the same length. Live and learn. I also blew 99 cents on a "Lady of Perpetual Help" votive candle in the hopes that she will provide me with one of those little portable folding grocery carts for the next time I go to the grocery store - by bus. That would be sweet.

[Listening to: La Serenissima - Loreena McKennitt - Book of Secrets]

PS: I am a lot closer to Sixth Street than I thought. It's only 3.67 miles from Emo's to my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment