Sunday, September 26, 2004

Alive and kicking
I didn't give myself a heart attack yesterday, but I did end up too pooped to blog last night. I'm heading that way again today having tackled everything from yard work to house cleaning to going through boxes left unpacked from the remodel to rearranging furniture. There's a blank spot now on the "mask wall" that seems to be calling out for my 8 X 10 bass cabinet. I'll just have to convince Rob and Tracy to help me get it back here to the house next week. I do have my little practice amp here, but it needs repair. Hmm... the PA and speakers are still sitting in the middle of the living room after the "Thanks for letting us use your PA, but now you are laid off" weekend. Now I just need to find my Washburn bass that I haven't played in about five years due to what was/is either carpal tunnel or RSI. I'd like to see how my wrist does after a couple of years of lighter computer duty and I'm also curious to see how the finger that suffered the dog bite fares. I don't still have full motion or strength in that finger and bass playing just might be a good form of free physical therapy.

[Listening to: When You Don't See Me - The Sisters Of Mercy - Vision Thing]

P.S. This has become the song I associate with my recent "lay off" so I will probably drive Rob crazy by playing it over and over again for weeks. The lyrics fit perfectly in that weird sort of "have to be standing in my shoes" kind of way. Feel free to take a look and psychoanalyze...

No comments:

Post a Comment