Tuesday, September 21, 2004

A Day in the Life of the Suddenly Unemployed
9:00 AM Plans to sleep late were thwarted when I woke up at the usual 5:00 AM hour. I took a look at the clock and waited to drift back to sleep when I discovered that I was actually READY to get out of bed. It was an odd feeling, one I don't think I've had in years. I made some coffee and emailed a friend. I reveled in the luxury of staying out of Rob's way while he got ready for work and then spent some time worrying about what I was going to do with the rest of my life. I decided to fill up the outside trashcan before the trashmen arrived at seven, though as luck would have it, it's nine and they still haven't come by the house. Since then, I've mostly been puttering about and squashing worries that are doing their best to muck up what could be a peaceful day of relaxation if my brain would just SHUT UP.

[Listening to: Gettin' By - Jerry Jeff Walker - Viva Terlingua]

No comments:

Post a Comment